Jazzing Up the Day

Just my rumbling mumbling about what i do everyday

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Unmemorable Long Weekend

Another week, another very long weekend. Thursday was the Ascension day (if im not mistaken). So, along with this weird Indonesian government policy that states that everytime there's a Harpitnas (hari kejepit nasional alias National Stuck Day hahahahaha) everyone will have the break-together (cuti bersama) on Friday, I had another very long weekend.

Actually there is not much to talk about anyway, on Friday I met CC and DN to play some WE for the first time since forever at DN's place and then I spent the night watching American History X on DVD.

Saturday, at last VN fulfilled her promise to treat me some notorious Blok S steak, unfortunately it was disappointing. Firstly, I ordered the tenderloin steak medium cooked (Indonesians tend to cook all the steak well done which I hate), and yet they still cooked it well done. Secondly, the steak was so small, almost the same size as chicken steak, what's up with the cows here, do they feed em properly ho ho ho. Thirdly, It sure needs a BBQ sauce, they don't have BBQ sauce just chili sauce which for me not really suitable for steaks. Maybe I am so spoiled with the American steaks, and really got out disappointed by the steak, but still, thanks VN for the treat.

The nite after, I also got free meals, this time it's TS' b'day, her family owns a catering company, so a nice meal was to be expected. It was pretty good, especially the supa soup (spellin?). Met a few old fren like KM who apparently just got a quick 1 sec appearance in a commercial and seems to know every single commercial in TV and the ppl in it, I actually told him, "hey, my guess is that now you are a member of commercial star association, if that existed...ha ha"

Sunday? AD came to my place while I was watching a classic movie Dr. Zhivago. David Lean is one heck of a director, this movie still pales in comparison to Lawrence in Arabia though. We were bored and suddenly found out that there's a book bazaar where everything is 50 percent off... so off we went to Depdiknas building. The collection was not that bad at all. I ended up buying 2 Pramoedya's books (Perawan Remaja dalam Cengkeraman Militer and Drama Mangir) and Goethe's Faust... for a grand total of Rp. 40.000, talkin bout a bargain ha ha.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done!
    [url=http://qnjciorw.com/wrml/rjip.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://evmkbqrg.com/nonn/orrq.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    http://qnjciorw.com/wrml/rjip.html | http://chjfiyav.com/mzts/xedf.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home