Jazzing Up the Day

Just my rumbling mumbling about what i do everyday

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Wedding Galore

Well.. I'm pretty close to 24 years old rite now, it's the time where I always end up in someone's wedding every weekend...yep it's that time. It's pretty analogous to when we're at around 2nd grade in high school when we seemed to be in someone's sweet 17 invitation. I actually have my own streak, coming into someone's wedding every weekend for 4 straight week... well it's probably going to be broken this weekend if nothing's changed..OH MY GOSH!! What in the world am i gonna do? :P.

What I noticed from most of wedding receptions is the lack of intimacy in these receptions. At times it seemed more like a showoff by the parents. Most of these receptions are in huge and expensive places (Balai Sudirman, Bidakara, Hilton, etc). The guests seemed to come to the reception just to give the couple and their parents handshake and eat some free food and then go home (I'm not gonna be munafik, sometimes I'm one of em :P). After the handshake, most of the guests don't care much about the couple, probably most of em just wait for a chance to get a picture and that's it baby! ....so it's more just like a waste of money...

what about trying to find a way for the couple and guests participate? make some little game? what about making a little fun tradition like what the americans have (the bride threw that flowers to the bunch of singles on the back), of course it's not gonna be exactly the same. What about playing some music that is actually dancey (slow dance maybe) with a little live band, that would shake the place up for sure.

I even talked to CC about some creative ideas for wedding places...Ruang Sidang 70! haAHHAHAHhaha, that would be awesome :D. Soccer field? the hot weather is probably going to be a problem. In a big garden field? I actually went to one of these last sunday in a 1 ha field in Pejaten, it was alright. I didn't really like the way it set up, too wishy washy, too many twists and turns on route to the pelaminan, and the food tents seemed to be in a random places.

After thinking about it, it's kind of funny that I was even thinking about these stuff, coz it's going to be ages probably before I actually get married.....go figure!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"I have never been so repulsed by someone mentally and so attracted to them physically at the same time. It's like my brain is facing my penis in a chess game. And I'm letting him win."
"You're not letting him win. He wins 'til you're forty."
"Then what?"
"He still wins, but it's not a blow-out."
- Jerry Seinfeld and George Costanza, in "The Nose Job"
LISTENING TO: Led Zeppelin - Nobody's Fault But Mine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home